- Class leading 3D Blu-ray player
- Audiophile grade CD music playback
- Wolfson 8741 audio DAC
- Blu-ray profile 2
- IR and full duplex RS232 Control
- Stunning picture and sound
- Fast load speed
The BDP300 embraces movie and music playback, offering outstanding performance in both disciplines. Unlike most BluRay machines music from CDs is delivered with outstanding quality while movie performance with either 2D or 3D films is to the very highest standards currently available. Using Arcam’s unique and hard won engineering expertise the BDP300 delivers a truly emotional portrayal of your favourite discs, delivering blockbuster experiences straight to your arm chair.
Few specialist manufactures have ever stepped up to the plate where development of video playback is concerned. The technological know-how required for the successful design of high performance video sources is vast. With more than ten years of digital video experience, not to mention global recognition of its efforts, Arcam is proud to announce the arrival of it’s newest BluRay disc player, the BDP300.
The BPD300 uses a very simple, almost direct video path from the disc to its ultra-high precision outputs. This short path approach allows pictures to be presented without unintentional artefacts and delivers the kind of pristine picture quality that will truly captivate any viewer. Using broadcast quality digital video clocks during processing means the resulting picture quality is simply stunning.
To ensure the BDP300’s music performance meets the same “reference” standards the class leading Wolfson Audio 8741 digital to analogue converter (DAC) is used. This device, coupled with a linear phase Bessel output filter and high precision re-clocking system results in audio quality comparable to a dedicated audiophile CD player. Even the BDP300’s power supply has been specially designed for outright performance. Discreet sub-regulated power supplies on the drive, audio and DAC boards deliver significant benefits to the overall performance of each element and thus allow each section to work truly independently and without interference.
To minimise the effect of radio frequencies (RF) from interfering with the BDP300’s high performance circuitry the Arcam development team have used its “Mask of Silence” techniques to shield important signal paths. This technology delivers significant improvements and is unique to Arcam.
As with all its FMJ devices, Arcam has gone to incredible lengths to maximise the performance of this next generation player. As an example the BDP300 benefits from a critically damped cover and chassis to virtually eliminate damaging microphonic vibration from reaching the sensitive electronics inside. In addition, while other Blu-ray devices can suffer from slow disc load times, the BDP300 has been optimised to make the journey from disc insertion to playback as fast as possible.
The BDP300 is designed with a single purpose; to deliver the very best music and movie experience for discerning owners. It also features a full suite of discrete IR and RS232 codes making it perfect for integration within a high performance home cinema installation.
- HDMI (v1.4a)
- Coaxial digital (RCA Phono)
- Optical digital (Toslink)
- Zone 1 analogue (RCA Phono)
- Zone 2 analogue (RCA Phono)
- Output Level (0DBFS): 2.2VRMS
- THD+N (0dBFS, 1kHz, 22Hz to 22kHz, unweighted): 0.002%
- HDMI (v1.4a) – inc. Deep Color
- Component video (3x RCA Phono)
- Composite video (RCA Phono)
- Disc types:- Blu-Ray Disc (BD) including BD Live, DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-Audio (CDDA), CD-R, CD-RW
Custom Install Connections
- RC-5 remote input
- Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including discrete on / off etc
- 12Volt trigger
- Full duplex RS232 control input for more complex control systems
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS Master Audio
- MP3 - Sample rate 44.1kHz, 48kHz, Bit rate up to 320kbps
- WMA - Sample rate 44.1kHz, 48kHz, Bit rate up to 192kbps
- JPEG - Maximum resolution 8192x8192 pixels
- AVI - Codec Xvid, Image size 1920x1080 @30fps
- WMV - Codec WMV9 Image size 1920x1080 @30fps
- Remote Handset
- Owners manual
- Power cord
- 6.2Kg (13.7lbs) net
- 8.5Kg (22lbs) packed
- Width: 433mm (17")
- Depth: 400mm (15.7")
- Height: 100mm (3.9")
*reprint from manufactures website