Emotiva is an American brand of electronics and speakers who had one goal when they started......to offer exceptionally designed, high performance products that more people could afford and enjoy.Founded by Dan Laufman, who got his start in the 1970's designing and manufacturing car amplifiers for the iconic Infinity brand and went on to produce OEM audio products for many famous hi-fi brands over the next few decades.With this experience he went on to establish Emotiva, whose aim is to provide audiophile quality components based on value and simplicity without any crazy bells and whistles.
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
A great audio system starts with quality components that deliver excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. When you break it down, audio components don’t need to have a lot of fancy features, complicated controls, or unnecessary bells and whistles, to perform exceptionally. If sound quality, flexibility, and performance are your goal, then the new Emotiva BasX is for you.
BasX is value, simplicity, and sound quality - streamlined. Every product in the BasX line combines excellent performance, exceptional sound quality, and true value. It may not have crazy bells and whistles, or be made of rare materials, or have jewelry-like finishes, but it’s clean and rock solid. And, in our opinion, it’s beautiful too.
Every BasX component is designed from the bottom up to sound and perform flawlessly. You don’t need to be an engineer to set it up, or spend a fortune to own it. BasX brings the “high end” to everyone.
You can build a music system out of our BasX components that will give you years of enjoyment, along with every bit of the sound quality you expect from a true audiophile component. Try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system, or build a whole BasX system from the ground up. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
BasX Features & Simplicity
Every model in the BasX line offers all the essential features you need. The BasX PT-100 is a high performance stereo preamplifier that includes a high-performance stereo FM tuner, line level analog inputs for a CD player or line-level source, a built-in USB DAC with plenty of digital inputs for your computer, TV, cable box, streamer, etc. It even includes a high-quality phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, along with provisions for a high-quality AptX Bluetooth module. The PT-100 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the PT-100 simple to configure and operate, and the big, easy to read, VFD display on the PT-100’s front panel shows you exactly what’s going on at all times.
The BasX PT-100 offers the type of performance you might expect to find on expensive components costing many times its modest price. Unlike many other affordable audio components these days, the PT-100 delivers the superb sound and build quality you expect from a true high-end audiophile component. It has vanishingly low noise and distortion and features a wide-bandwidth design allowing you get the most out of your HD sources.
The BasX PT-100 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction… We expect you to enjoy your BasX PT-100 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
Exceptional sound quality and excellent value start with the BasX.
- Highly optimized circuit layout – ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
- Sensitive FM tuner – features 50 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
- A full complement of analog inputs – including two line level inputs, and a high quality phono input that supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
- A full complement of digital inputs – including one 24/96k USB input, 24/192 coax and optical S/PDIF inputs, and an optional Bluetooth receiver.
- Precision digital conversion – All digital inputs routed through the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192 DAC.
- Bass and Treble controls – provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
- VFD display - simple and easy to read display with 3 dimmable levels.
- Balance control – our unique balance control simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant.
- Mute control – allows you to mute the audio output on your system, and then return precisely to your previous listening level.
- Intelligent headphone level control – independently remembers the level you set for your headphones and your main outputs.
- Full function remote control – lets you operate all the controls on the PT-100 without getting out of your favorite listening seat.
- Headphone output – independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favorite headphones for personal listening.
- Subwoofer outputs – besides the main stereo outputs, a separate pair of summed outputs are provided for connecting your favorite subwoofer.
- Flexible menu system – makes the BasX PT-100 easy to configure and simple to operate.
- Top quality parts and construction - promise years of reliable service.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes – SMD construction enables us to use short, optimized signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum face plate - provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Universal AC line voltage operation - the BasX PT-100 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure itself to operate with your local line voltage.
- Full three year warranty - ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX preamp/tuner for years to come
2 pairs – stereo analog line level inputs (CD, Aux).
1 pair – stereo phono inputs (switchable; moving magnet or moving coil).
1 tuner – FM (with external antenna input; 50 station presets).
1 – digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k.
1 – digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k.
1 – digital USB (DAC input); 24/96k; no drivers required.
1 – Bluetooth receiver (requires optional AptX Bluetooth dongle).
1 pair – stereo main output; stereo, unbalanced.
2 – summed full range outputs (for connecting one or two subwoofers).
1 – stereo headphone output (front panel).
Analog Performance (line level)
Maximum output level: 4 VRMS
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
THD+noise: < 0.0015% (A-weighted).
IMD: < 0.004% (SMPTE).
S/N ratio: > 115 dB.
Crosstalk: < 90 dB.
Analog Performance (phono)
Frequency response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
THD+noise: < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted); < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
S/N ratio: > 90 dB (MM); > 68 dB (MC).
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
THD+noise: < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
IMD: < 0.007% (SMPTE).
S/N ratio: > 110 dB.
12 VDC trigger output.
115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Controls and Indicators
Power: rocker switch; rear panel.
Standby: one front panel push button; halo ring changes color to indicate status.
Two front panel pushbuttons: Input Select; menu operation.
One front panel knob: Volume; Tuning; menu operation.
Display: high visibility blue alphanumeric VFD display (dimmable).
Compact full-function infrared remote control.
Menu and Control System
Simplified, highly intuitive menu system.
(includes Setup options, Bass, Treble, and Balance controls).
17” wide x 2 5/8” high x 12.5” deep (without connectors).
21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).
9 lbs (net)
13.5 lbs (boxed)
* Reprint from manufacturer's website