Marantz PM8005 Integrated Amplifier
- Usually Ships in 48-72 Hours
- Free Shipping
Marantz is an audio design and manufacturing company that develops mid to high end audio products.Founded by Saul B. Marantz in 1952,he began with the "Consolette" pre-amp.He then went on to design the Model 7 and Model 8 valve amplifiers which even today are still highly collectible and valued at extremely high prices.They have inspired even current day valve amplifier manufactures in their designs to emulate their warm musicality. Marantz in the 1960's and 1970's went on to design some exceptionally high quality solid state hi-fi components that also attracted worldwide acclaim.
Marantz were purchased by Phillips in the early 1980's and went on to design and manufacture some very special CD players.Philips then sold Marantz to Marantz Japan in 2001.At this point it was decided that the company should go back to its roots and design some truly great amplifiers.
This fully discrete current feedback integrated amplifier is perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and flexible operation. It offers a powerful 2x 70W into 8 ohm, while the symmetrical circuits ensure perfect image balancing. To guarantee a totally unique audio experience, Marantz designers have shaped and optimised the power handling characteristics and redesigned the large double shielded Toroidal transformer’s circuitry to optimise bandwidth power. The result is a current feedback amplifier with a massive energy reserve to drive even the most demanding of speakers with absolute ease. To further guarantee best sound quality, the PM8005 has current feedback HDAMs, as well as a triple-layer bottom plate to help eliminate vibration. The PM8005 also provides source-direct mode for the purest audio signal and Phono MM to enjoy your vinyls. It's heaven.
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 70W / 8 ohm rms
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits for detailed audio reproduction
- Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components
- Tripple layer bottom plate to minimize vibration
- High quality Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- Discrete input buffer circuit
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- System remote to control Amplifier, CD-Player and Network Player
*Reprint from Manufacturers Website.