Cayin CS-88A MK2 Integrated Valve Amplifier
Cayin was founded in 1993 and are devoted to design and production of hi-end audio equipment.They specialise in valve amplifiers and base their designs on the iconic Saul B. Marantz Models 7 and 8 of the 1960's which were famous for their sweet, natural and exceptionally musical sound.Their CS-88A-Mk2 model is a fine example of their craft and is handcrafted with point-to-point wiring, and with wide bandwidth EI output toroidal transformer to provide the current to bring the music to life.The sweetness of valves with their sonic warmth and aesthetic glow will highlight the true analogue, atmospheric experience of listening to vinyl.
The Cayin CS-88A is a refined polished upgraded version of the world winner A-88T mk2. All functions remote controlled, encapsulated Alps volume-control motor potentiometer, weight just under 30 kilos, a tube squad with 2 x 6SL7 2 x 6SN7 and the output stage equipped with four KT88 – makes 2 x 25 watts put into triode mode or a strong 2 x 45 watts in the ultralinear mode, all at 4 and 8 ohms.
- Hand-made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring.
- Two EI output transformers with wide bandwidth are applied.
- Specially designed toroidal transformer for power supply.
- Two 6SL7 and two 6SN7 tubes are used in the preamp stage.
- Four KT88/6550EH tubes are used for AB1 push-pull amplification.
- Triode and Ultralinear selection.
- External user Bias Adjustment is accessible with the BIAS meter for monitoring on
- the top of the amplifier.
- External Tube Selection Switch between EL34 and KT88 on the rear panel for easy
- tube replacement.
- Equipped with remote control.
- Can be used as a Power amplifier.
- Soft start function (about 30 seconds).
- CS-88A can memorize last operation of the unit once turned off.
- High-quality Japanese ALPS motor potentiometer.
- Thickly silver-plated signal cable has been used.
- Equipped with easily-installed tube cover for protection.